||[September 17th, 8:09pm]
The story behind this picture is: You can’t always tell what someone’s dirty laundry is when you’re looking in from the outside.
||[September 17th, 8:09pm]
My mom died this morning.
It's 2:30 in the morning. I'm tired. I'll write more when I can.
|101 Things in 1001 Days
||[September 17th, 7:09pm]
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as New Year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
Some common goal setting tips:
1. Be decisive. Know exactly what you want, why you want it, and how you plan to achieve it.
2. Stay Focussed. Any goal requires sustained focus from beginning to end. Constantly evaluate your progress.
3. Welcome Failure. Frequently, very little is learned from a venture that did not experience failure in some form. Failure presents the opportunity to learn and makes the success more worthy.
4. Write down your goals. It clarifies your thinking and reinforces your commitment.
5. Keep your goals in sight. Review them frequently, and ensure that they are always at the forefront of your thinking.
Once you have created your site, you can add it to the master list here at Day Zero.
Calculating the End Date
You can easily find out when your project will end by using this handy tool at timeanddate.com.
I have left ten slots open to add things as my life changes.
001. Buy four plates, four bowls, four cups, four forks, four knives, and four spoons for my apartment.
002. Buy a bedspread and all of the accessories for my bed
003. Find three cool things in the Free section of Craigslist for apartment
004. Go without fast food for a month
005. Go without soda for a month
006. Participate in Project 365 (Started September 6th, 2007)
007. Read 50 books in a year (1 read)
008. Listen to all files on Winamp at least twice and if I don't like it, delete it. No matter what.
009. Put $20 away a month for trips (Completed after 12 months of doing so, do not have to be consecutive)
010. Spend a night away from my computer once a week (no computer starting from 6 pm, completed after 2 months)
011. Get my driver's license (DMV appointment to renew permit is made)
012. Learn to cook five meals, really, really well
013. Swim with dolphins
014. Put change in someone's expired meter
015. Make my bed everyday for a month
016. Put $50 a month into savings (completed after a year of doing so)
017. Make three great friends
018. Take a college course. Can be a course on anything.
019. Buy an entire outfit – head to toe – in one day
020. Go to Disney World
021. Watch every season, to date, of three TV shows.
022. Buy a matching bra and underwear set
023. Have artistic nude portraits done
024. Buy a great lens, over $300
025. Make a list of all expenses I will have once I move out. Plan and save accordingly.
026. Go apartment hunting
027. Visit a country I've never been to
028. Buy a professional outfit for work/photo-shoots (September 8th, '07)
029. Go camping on the beach
030. Buy poster size prints of five of my photos
031. Fill four Sobe jars with change
032. Research and buy a car with good gas mileage
033. Attend a birth
034. Get a professional massage
035. Photograph a wedding
036. Buy a frame and put a picture in it every month (completed after a year of doing so) (Started Sep 7th, '07) 1/12 done.
037. Exercise daily for at least 15 minutes (completed after 6 months)
038. Release a book AND find a book through BookCrossing
039. Practice one-thing-in-one-thing-out for two months
040. Get something I wrote or photographed published
041. Go to Yosemite
042. Take a trip alone/one that does not involve family
043. Drink eight glasses of water a day for a month
044. Create a new habit (completed after two months)
045. Decorate and create a Memory Box, and then use it
046. Write one letter to self on http://www.futureme.org/ every day for two weeks. Set them to be sent at random times
047. Take a class of some sort, to learn a skill
048. Learn to locate all 50 U.S. states on a map
049. Learn to locate major countries on a map
050. Have a real photo shoot (one not involving a wedding)
051. Sell something I made on www.etsy.com
052. Have five photos get three hits each on Hit, Miss, or Maybe
053. Go to three restaurants and order something I've never had before
054. Create a beauty/self routine for each day of the week, and stick to it (Completed after 3 months)
055. Buy a pet brush, and brush all of the animals daily (completed after two months)
056. Go on a cruise
057. Keep a gratitude journal and write in it daily (completed after three months)
058. Breed crickets successfully
059. Go on two roller-coasters I've never been on before
060. Get 8 hours of sleep every night for three weeks
061. Sell, donate, or throw away 50 things I don't need, want, or use
062. Keep up on laundry by doing at least one load per week (completed after 3 months)
063. Crochet a blanket
064. Make a list of 100 places I want to go. Then go to one of them
065. Buy a bike
066. Make the pet's food for two weeks
067. Acknowledge any women I see breastfeeding. Commend or thank them.
068. Take dog for a walk every day for a month.
069. Do a brain exercise/puzzle each day- crossword, sudoku, word search, etc, for a month.
070. Take and pass the CHSPE (Mar. 15, 2008)
071. Spend at least 30 minutes of relaxation time outdoors everyday for a month
072. Make fudge
073. Read twenty Wikipedia pages on photography. Learn the information on each one well.
074. Get certified in Adult & Child CPR.
075. Memorize social security number
076. Go horseback riding
077. Once a month, throw away any makeup items that are old/not getting used, and buy one new makeup item. (Completed after one year) (Started Sep 8, '07)
078. Wear earrings every day for a month
079. Comment three people a day on Flickr, for two months
080. Build a great habitat for lizard
081. Learn how to and then build a website
082. Buy a laptop
083. Eat no prepared foods for a week
084. Unpack everything in room, and give each item a place. Keep it in it's place.
085. Get 100 views on a photo on Flickr
086. Eat 5-a-day for 5 consecutive days
089. To be announced
090. To be Announced
091. To be Announced
092. To be Announced
093. To be Announced
094. To be Announced
095. To be Announced
096. To be Announced
097. To be Announced
098. To be Announced
099. Complete all items on private goal list.
100. Blog about every item I cross off my list.
101. Start another 101 list on the 1001st day
||[May 17th, 2:05pm]
Stolen from a friend, because I thought it was perfect.
|Here we go again.
||[May 16th, 2:05pm]
This is probably my 6th LJ started, to date. I write on another journaling site and it's always been tough for me to keep up with more than one, but there's a few people here I miss reading so I'm going to give it another go.
I'm not a huge fan of Introduction and About-Me entries, so I'll go ahead and skip that.
I have a few friends and relatives on LJ, so many of my entries may be set to Friends Only.
Now, off to find some cute layout so I don't look like a n00b.